Monday 1 October 2012

One Sunny Love

Two years ago I was feeling pretty rubbish because of my job. After deciding to leave something I'd known and worked towards for 8 years, to say I was terrified would be putting it mildly.

I didn't know what would happen when I listed those first items in my shops. It was something I'd always wanted to try and I needed to do something to keep me motivated.

It's been a slow, steep learning curve and I'm not anywhere near a success story yet but I made my 100th sale on Etsy last month and lovely shop owners in Canada and now London have taken a chance on me to stock what I make. It's really a wonderful feeling.

I've been keeping a pin of where I've sent orders and consignments since I started, just for my own record. I love this image of things that I've made travelling to all these places.


I am truly grateful to every single one of those hearts, and to everyone who encouraged and believed in me (or just didn't say out loud how insane you thought I was!). Whatever happens next, I will feel glad that I gave it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment