Friday 4 March 2011

Marina Bychnkova - Enchanted Doll

I'm fascinated with dolls and miniature modeling. Carved marble gods and cast metal giants are amazing yes, but I'm a massive fan of tiny details too.

These beautifully crafted porcelain ball-jointed dolls by Marina Bychkova of Enchanted Doll are a case in point. I fell in love when I first saw them on deviantArt a few years ago.


Not only does she hand mold and paint each porcelain doll, every single element of her dolls is hand made - every wig, beaded dress, elaborate head wear and tiny accessory is hand sewn, set or casted. O_O


She seems to draw a lot of inspiration from fairy tales, which gives me another reason to love her work.


Simply exquisite. Visit Marina's site to see her full gallery and fascinating details on how she makes these pieces of art.

Dolls and photos © Marina Bychkova

No comments:

Post a Comment