Wednesday 24 November 2010

Of elves, faes and dragon lairs

Know you of Elfwood? An online fantasy art community and the first online art gallery that I discovered. I remember bookmarking artists fervently and wishing I could draw as well as those amazing people. I think I submitted something once (you had to submit work for modulation before being allowed to join) but it got lost in the system. From Elfwood I then found openCanvas, deviantArt, and Etsy.

So you could say my web journey started from Elfwood.

One of my favourite artists from there was Stephanie Pui-Man Law of Shadowscapes. Her distinctive and lyrical style is so beautifully demonstrated in her watercolour pieces.


And then she started on a tarot deck project. I was ecstatic. Tarot art work is a pet love of mine, I find the way different artists interpret and portray the meaning of these cards endlessly fascinating. It's like collecting small pieces of art work. The Shadowscapes tarot deck has been over 2 years in the making and you can see why in the exquisite details of each individually illustrated card. All 78 of them.


You can't help going 'OOoooooo' and 'AAaaaahhhh'. ~♥~

All images ©Stephanie Pui-Mun Law

No comments:

Post a Comment